Thursday, November 4, 2010

Can't help looking back...

"One must always maintain one’s connection to the past and yet ceaselessly pull away from it"

"What and If are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if?"

Please forgive me for not knowing. Please forgive me for never really wanting to know. I was never ready to face it, so I ran. I ran away when you did nothing to stop me...or you did. I just couldn't face it.

I can't help thinking about the past...because...you promised. And I promised. And when everything came crashing down on us, I blamed you for breaking me.

Then, you said you're sorry. But I wouldn't listen. I couldn't. My heart couldn't take it.

And now, you still keep to your promise. But I can't meet you halfway. Not anymore.

But I can't help it. I keep wondering, what if I do? What if I run, right now?

...I really did let you go...
...But it still hurts sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment