Monday, October 22, 2012

Review on Taylor Swift's new album: RED.

RED 

Okay. So the name sounds nice. I really was looking forward to it.

So for a 16 track album, I was quite disappointed. I didn't love it.

State of Grace.
Red.
Treacherous.
I knew you were trouble.
All too well.
22.
I almost do.
We are never ever getting back together.
Stay stay stay.
The last time.
Holy Ground.
Sad Beautiful Tragic.
The Lucky One.
Everything has changed.
Starlight.
Begin again.

I guess it's her age that's making her as such. But Adele's 21 is more heartfelt, to me.

On a positive note, I did like Red, I Almost Do, The Last Time, Sad Beautiful Tragic and Begin Again. Although the harmony in Everything Has Changed was...quite melodious.

Red really is relatable somehow to 19 year olds.

I liked I Almost Do because I feel like it's something that somehow answers a question that has always been playing in my head. If she was a guy, that is.

The Last Time, which is a duet with Gary Lightbody of Snow Patrol, describes perfectly what some 'couples' go through at her age. It's the time that you stand there, looking at his as he looks at you. And it's the last time. The last time you're gonna stand there and watch him. And try to memorize each moment...each freckle on his face...every inch of him before you let go.

Then, you can sing Sad Beautiful Tragic. Because the love affair ended. But what made me listen to this song constantly (other than RED) is because of the lyrics. Somehow, what I felt from it was so...wow. I guess it's Taylor Swift's kind of ballad/lullaby. Basically, my favorite line was "And you've got your demons and darling, they all look like me." When I heard that line, I was like, that's the Taylor Swift I fell in love with! And, notably, relatable to girls her age.

Then, there's Begin Again. I don't know why I love it. Just listen to it.

I didn't really like the other songs, although, I'm sure that, as most Taylor Swift's songs are, they are very...relatable.

No comments:

Post a Comment