Tuesday, October 18, 2011

l'esprit de l'escalier

You know the feeling you get after a conversation? As you think about all the things you could have...should have said.

But it's too late.

The conversation is over. It's over. Fini.

Quand le vin est tiré, il faut le boire. But once the conversation is over, you're not getting it back.

How many times do we wish that we could go back and say something, or take back something we've said.

Surely everyone has dreamt about turning back time and going back to the old days.

Would our lives be better if we could?

It is impossible to answer as we will never truly know. However, that does not mean we do not think about what it would be like if it was possible. Some people say that if they could turn back time and had to do life all over again, they would not change one single thing. They would go through each and every moment like they did before.

Me? Personally? I have no idea. I have made mistakes. A lot of mistakes. And I mean A WHOLE LOTTA mistakes. I guess somedays, I wish I could change the past. Hoping that that would make the present more bareable.

Maybe that's why I'm so hardcore. Because of all the things I see now. Of all the things I do now. I've seen worse. I've done worse.

Here's a secret, once you past the boundaries, you don't stop. You push through.

And with friends like mine? Surviving is easy. It's the risk that's fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment