Friday, October 21, 2011

#Unspoken

If you asked me to
Remember the first day
I can't recall
How we ended up this way

If you asked me to
Remember the first night
I can't recall
When you even start or tried?

*After all the silent prayers
After all the brief touches
After all of the stolen glances
I look away.

**As we say our last goodbyes
I never thought I'd hear you cry
Those silent tears will never die
Sorry it had to end tonight
Just keep us in our memories.

Maybe he was right
I let you in my life
I don't know why
I didn't try to pull away

I thought that we were friends
I thought that we were fine
But you took a step
A step too close, crossed the line.

*
**

After all the things we said
Or things we still left unspoken
I understand that you can't say
Even though you've gone away

Let's just leave the bridges burned and the pictures scattered on the floor.
No one will know. Well, they don't know.

That we have said our last goodbyes.
They'd never thought I've heard you cry
Those silent tears will never die
We knew that it would end that night
But we'll hold on to our memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment